Hey everyone! Today has been a busy day of cleaning, filming, and editing. I thought maybe it would be fun to talk about my day and thoughts in ten bullet points.
Honestly, I just wanted to be able to utilize alliteration in my blog post title.
Ten Things Tuesday
- I ran again today! No knee pain while running, but a small amount of discomfort after. Ugh. I just want to feel 100% again…
But I saw a bunny so I guess that makes everything better.
2. Going along with the previous bullet point, this whole low-mileage-due-to-coming-off-an-injury deal is absolutely killing me. I’m planning on making my “long run” for the week a 6 miler. Right before my knee started bothering me, I had worked up to a long run of 10 miles (I know to some of you that may not seem like a lot, but it is for me). I was so proud of myself and was so happy to be running long distances and was feeling so amazing during them. I hate that I can’t just throw myself back into what my weekly mileage was pre-injury…. But the smart and rational part of me keeps reminding the less rational part of me that going right back into my usual mileage for the week would just result in more injuries. Not smart.
3. It’s also killing me that I haven’t done speed work and that my speed, which was already slower than I would have liked it to be, is even worse that it was pre-injury. I don’t think speed work is a good idea with my knee yet though so I just need to suck it up and remind myself that I have plenty of time to work on my running and that in a couple of months none of this will even matter anymore.
4. After being away for the weekend, I have welcomed back my smoothie bowls with the most open of arms.
Yes the obsession is still going strong. I did have a green bowl instead of a chocolate one today though. Changin’ things up over here. Livin’ life on the edge… You know…
5. I have gotten myself into the habit of grazing on a whole bunch of things in lieu of making actual full meals and it’s something that I really need to change because my diet is suffering because of it. I have been really into eating veggies and pretzels and rice crackers with hummus, salsa, mustards, and other dips and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that… Except that pretzels now seem to make up a majority of my lunches and dinners. I need to make some nice big salads and other healthy meals.
6. Because of the above issue, I have a meal plan all set up for myself for tomorrow and I am telling you this to keep myself accountable since I am such a grazer and really have issues sticking to a set meal plan. I’m thinking that my grazing is my mind telling me that I am not getting enough or the proper nutrition that I needed… So my brain sends me to the kitchen cabinets for a quick source of fuel.
7. My cousin is having her baby tomorrow (she has a scheduled C-Section) and I am so unbelievably excited! We don’t know whether the baby is a boy or a girl yet and the not knowing is killing me! They already have a 2 year old and he is the most adorable child in the world. I have no idea how I am going to love another baby as much as I love him, or how I am going to find another baby as cute as him. I’m sure that I will though!
8. I am a master on the grill.
That is homemade whole wheat grilled pizza right there! I brought it over to the cousins I mentioned above. Thought it would be nice for them to have in their fridge since they won’t have much time to cook post-baby.
9. I’m Italian and my first response to any situation, whether it be a family tragedy or a celebration, is to cook tons of food and give them to people… Hence the pizza, which is sure to be the first of many comfort food meals that will be brought to my cousins over the course of the next couple of weeks.
10. Ginger tea and editing for the rest of the night. The goal is to get to bed before midnight (one day it’s sure to happen!) and get up early to go swim at the gym (hehe that rhymes).
Talk to ya tomorrow!
Ever made pizza on the grill? What’s your favorite thing to grill?
What’s your favorite type of tea?
I’m thinking mine is vanilla chai tea with some soy milk and stevia… Yum! I’ve also been loving the chamomile citrus tea from The Mighty Leaf.