Hey everyone, happy Friday!
Workout: I got up bright and early to get my brother ready for junior life guarding and to get to the gym before heading out for an appointment.
I opted for the elliptical today since I did a long run yesterday and figured that it would be a good idea to go easy on my knee today.
I also tried out a new workout that I found on the POP Sugar fitness app! Did you know this thing existed? I just found it the other day and it’s great!
I did this workout at a level 20 elevation and those sprints were brutal.
I also added an extra 10 minutes of intervals before my final cool down for a nice 40 minute workout.
I don’t know why there are tissues on the ground next to the elliptical.
So now let’s talk about some things that I have been loving this week.
This week’s favorites include more links to blog posts and recipes than anything else because it seems that while I was in a slump blogging wise this week… The rest of the world was on a roll with some quality posts and recipes!
My korean chili stir-fry from the other day! So so good. I’m actually considering making this again tonight!
Either that or some sushi… Mmm.
I could drink iced mochas all day, every day for the rest of forever.
I just add chocolate to my regular iced coffee and BOOM dessert in coffee form!
I have been obsessed with this Youtube channel this week! Wengie is actually the cutest person ever and I love her style and her everything and I may or may not have spent a bulk of this week binge watching her videos.
Seriously, check her out.
I’ve actually been listening to a lot of K-Pop and J-Pop this week! Super fun to run to and so darn catchy.
I used to listen to J-Pop all the time (mostly Ayumi Hamasaki and anime soundtracks… yes I am one of those people), but I kind of fell out of it. I forgot how much I enjoy this music!
Favorite Internet Finds:
And here’s the fun part.
1. This simple look from I Dress Myselff.
I promised myself that I was done shopping for the summer, but I may need to make an exception for that t-shirt dress.
2. This dress is almost as gorgeous as the woman wearing it. Can you believe that Amber only just had her baby a little bit over a month ago?
Also, I wish more than anything that that dress was within my broke college student budget.
3. I just bought a similar pair of overalls to these. Here’s hoping I can actually pull them off!
4. I can’t even with this entire look. It physically hurts my soul that this outfit isn’t in my life… And even if it was, it wouldn’t look anywhere near as amazing.
Blog Posts –
1. I know that this only just went up yesterday, but it deserves a mention. Sam’s guest post on Angela’s blog on body image was just wonderful and inspiring. I keep seeing this whole, “all you need to get a bikini body is a bikini and a body,” idea pop up all across the internet and while it’s awesome, it’s nice to see a post that dives a bit deeper into that topic. Plus I just love Sam and her blog and am so inspired by her progress in recovery!
2. These cupcakes! I actually made a batch of them in mini form today for a graduation party that I am going to tomorrow! Now if only I could make them look as pretty as Sally did… Alas, while I consider myself a pretty good baker, I am probably the single worst froster on the planet. Cake always winds up everywhere.
Yes I am putting my own video here… Because what better place is there for shameless self-promotion than on my own blog? =P
In all seriousness, I am loving doing Youtube videos. Like, really loving it. It’s such a great outlet for me and I really hope to continue to learn how to film and edit and how to not be awkward in front of the camera and that I can really grow my channel. I just love it.
Goal for the night is to go to bed at a normal time! I’m actually going to get off of my computer and read soon….
After I watch a few more Youtube videos ;).